Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mushroom, Bacon, Chicken Pasta

I made this up last week with a bunch of leftovers from my fridge. I wanted to type it up before I forgot. I'm sorry again that the amounts are estimates. The combination of these flavors were pretty good. This is a little similar to the other spinach dish but this is a little lighter on the cream.

2 hand fulls of mushrooms, sliced
1 yellow onion
1 bunch of spinach (or 2 handfuls of bagged spinach)
4 slices of bacon, diced (I used turkey bacon from Trader Joe's)
1 cup of cubed chicken (I had some leftover from one I picked up from Whole Foods and this was the 3rd meal)
8-10 oz of pasta (like more ingredients than pasta)
1/4-1/2 Cup of wine
4-6 oz Mascarpone


In a big pan saute mushrooms and onions on low in olive oil until barely caramelized. When they're good and ready add the wine and let the mushrooms and onions soak up the liquid. Saute bacon in a separate pan and add to the mix along with the diced chicken. In the meantime, blanch the spinach in boiling water about 1-2 mins, remove with a finely mesh strainer and add to the big pan, and boil the pasta in the spinach water. When the pasta is cooked to your liking add to the mix (after draining) and then add the mascarpone and stir. Salt/Pepper to taste.

*sorry no photos.


No comments:

Post a Comment