Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Homemade Mac and Cheese


Hi, my name is Jen Lundeen.
I have lived in the area for three whole weeks.
I am originally from Sandy, Utah.
I am a history nerd, a dancer, an avid reader, and an aspiring tennis player.
My husband is a student at Stanford, a talented builder, a great storyteller and he makes a mean brownie.
I have two beautiful, fun, sweet, sassy, crazy, girly girls.
We love to eat.

I hope to share something yummy.



Can't you just taste that cheesy, gooey, deliciousness?!?!



There's just nothing like mac and cheese.

I'll be the first to admit that the boxed variety makes it's appearance in our home more often than I'd like it to. So, I've decided to perfect my home made version of this classic dish so my girls can learn what real mac and cheese is supposed to taste like!

Great as a side dish to meatloaf, Whitney's delicious Trader Joe's salad, or all by itself!

Enjoy!

Homemade Mac and Cheese

2 T butter
3 T flour
1 1/2 cups milk
3 cups cheese*
salt and pepper to taste

1 lb macaroni

1. melt butter in saucepan
2. add flour and whisk until thick
3. add milk and stir continuously until smooth and thickened
4. add cheese and stir until melted
5. salt and pepper to taste
6. pour over cooked noodles and bake at 350 until golden brown on top - about 15 minutes

Jen Lundeen

3 comments: