Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Spinach, Mango, Avocado Smoothie



I promise this is more delicious than it sounds. The kids love it and I make it instead of a salad sometimes for dinner. It's tasty and the prettiest green. When I make it I just throw things in the blender so these proportions can be played with (I'm trying to estimate the amounts.) We try to eat lots of spinach, I really believe it makes us stronger, just call me Popeye. I get my avocado's from TJ's, in the packs of 4 because they're cheaper, always are hard though. Put them with you apples and they'll ripen quickly.

- 1/2 bag of spinach (TJ's)
~ 1 cup of sweetened almond vanilla milk
~ 1/2 cup of apple juice (I get the unfiltered kind from TJ's.)
~ 3/4 to 1 cup of whole milk yogurt (red container from TJ's)
~ 7-8 chunks of frozen mango (also from TJ's)
~ 1 avocado (this makes the smoothies so creamy)
~ 1 squirt of honey (omit if feeding to child under 1)
1 banana

BLEND! BLEND until it looks beautiful and creamy. Increase the liquid if it's too thick, you want it to flow! If you don't believe me how good it is, come over and I'll make if for you:)

1 comment:

  1. Looks great and I love the idea of doing this instead of a salad! What a brilliant idea to drink your veggies every once in a while!

    ReplyDelete